Saving Gold Threads

8 years 3 months ago #215877 by Helen Smith
Replied by Helen Smith on topic Saving Gold Threads
The "simplified article" option worked for me this time. I had four pages of posts in my latest gold thread and all of those pages were saved with one click.

However, it seems to me that sometimes Evernote works right, and sometimes it doesn't. I think the last time I tried to save it didn't work that smoothly.

I used a PC with the Chrome browser, if that makes a difference.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 2 months ago #215956 by Kris Beck
Replied by Kris Beck on topic Saving Gold Threads

Deborah Grodecka wrote: HI, Kris, what you are describing is exactly what I've experienced. Evernote/save article saves multiple pages but all have the same information like it is just duplicating the first page over and over. I'm sorry to hear that reinstalling the app hasn't helped... that's disappointing.

In the meantime, I've found that saving the individual pages of forum threads as PDF docs (I'm using Safari on a Mac) works well from the standpoint of sharing them (via Dropbox) across my multiple devices. More labor intensive than if Evernote worked as it is supposed to, but it's the best substitute for Evernote I've found at this point.

Thanks again for sharing your experience! This tells me there is something buggy with the app itself, not just my installation.

Hi Deborah!

I tried clearing browser data and it started working again for a short period and would fail. Clear browser data again and start working, but not on all posts. I tried the ones that failed over again and still would fail. I am using chrome. I tried on two different computers and O/S. I really do not share, but I will try that next time and see what happen. Will also try the 'simplified article' option and see if that changes anything too.

Wonder if there is something similar to evernote that would help when things like this happen. Anyone know of anything?
8 years 1 month ago #235757 by Val Tan
Replied by Val Tan on topic Saving Gold Threads
Hi Natasha,
I've been trying to save the class forum on Evernote, but it keeps saying its unavailable.
Not sure what the problem is?
are there any other ways to save the threads if I'm still having problems logging onto Evernote?
8 years 1 month ago #235758 by Natasha Gelfand
Replied by Natasha Gelfand on topic Saving Gold Threads
You can save them just as webpages through your browser. There are instructions in the Help Page and on this thread. You do have to save each page separately that way, however.
8 years 1 month ago #235759 by Val Tan
Replied by Val Tan on topic Saving Gold Threads
Thank you
8 years 1 month ago #235769 by Noel De Bruin
Replied by Noel De Bruin on topic Saving Gold Threads
For the For those looking for an alternative to Evernote (or just something to use now until Evernote is fixed) may want to check FireShot. It is a browser addon for FireFox, Chrome, IE, and Opera. If you activate the 'Pro' option you have a 30 day free trial that will allow you to open your forum post pages in multiple tabs and then save all tabs in one PDF. getfireshot.com/
7 years 8 months ago #276930 by Anna Kukhta
Replied by Anna Kukhta on topic Saving Gold Threads
Hi, everyone. I've read in this forum that I need Evernote Web Clipper to download forums to Evernote. However, I don't seem able to do so -- whenever I click on the "Download" box, nothing happens. Can anyone help me with this? I use Evernote on my iPad, so I have its app downloaded. I cannot sign in to Evernote on the web as it just directs me to the app. And I wanted to download the Web Clipper for use in Chrome. Any thoughts? Thanks.
7 years 8 months ago #277365 by Jennifer Cote
Replied by Jennifer Cote on topic Saving Gold Threads
Anna, I was having a lot of problems with Evernote over the past few days, and suddenly, it's working today, so it may have been their servers. I would recommend trying it one more time today, and hopefully, that'll be the charm!
7 years 7 months ago #296704 by Rachel Williams
Replied by Rachel Williams on topic Saving Gold Threads
I have three classes this session, and when I started saving the forums using evernote, I ran out of upload space (60MB/month on the free version) after just one class. In the FAQ session, it says the forums may be available for longer than two weeks, if the classes aren't repeating again soon. Is there any way to check whether my classes will be up for longer? I still need to clip forums for OB200 & FE238.
7 years 7 months ago #296711 by Natasha Gelfand
Hi Rachel,

This session, all the forums are going to be down two weeks after the end of class (check on your class page -- the main one that has the link to Forums and Lectures for the date for this session).
7 years 7 months ago #296712 by Anna Kukhta
Replied by Anna Kukhta on topic Saving Gold Threads
Hi. I've been saving my forums page by page to the Evernote app on my iPad, by tapping the "sharing" symbol at the top right and sending straight to Evernote. However, the video links are not live -- the full web address for each is visible, but clicking them doesn't work. Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix this?

Thanks.
7 years 5 months ago #314841 by Rachael Wherry
Replied by Rachael Wherry on topic Saving Gold Threads
it happened to me too then I watched this.......

and did everything she did really really carefully and all the links are live now :)
7 years 4 months ago #316038 by Jennifer Gaskins
Replied by Jennifer Gaskins on topic Saving Gold Threads
Thanks for the geat video! Does anyone know if this evernote web clipper will also save the complete lessons, versus the forums? I tried it, and it seems to save all the text, but no images or video seem to be present. Just don't want to keep trying if it's a limitation of the software, etc. Just trying to save as much as I can for lookback reference.
7 years 3 months ago #332604 by Natasha Gelfand
Please note the following:

THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE ONLY TO SAVE YOUR OWN GOLD THREAD. YOU MAY NOT SAVE YOUR CLASSMATES THREADS; THAT IS NOT YOUR MATERIAL.