Saving Gold Threads

8 years 5 months ago #196493 by Amy Randle
Replied by Amy Randle on topic Saving Gold Threads
Thank You
The topic has been locked.
8 years 5 months ago #196495 by Amy Randle
Nope. Could not watch the videos. What next?
Thank you.
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #196536 by Natasha Gelfand
Replied by Natasha Gelfand on topic Saving Gold Threads
Amy, the videos you won't be able to watch offline (they are hosted on YouTube), but if you can see all the text in the threads, you should be fine.
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #196642 by Deborah Grodecka
Replied by Deborah Grodecka on topic Saving Gold Threads
FWIW, my threads from past courses are saved on my mac as .webarchive files, and they *are* local to my mac. Without a wi-fi connection active, Safari still opens the threads and I can view all the text of the threads normally, with the exception that the videos don't play. Once I connect to the internet, I *can* play the videos in my saved .webarchive files, even from courses that have been taken down from the forums months ago.

To summarize, in Safari, saved .webarchive files will give you access to all parts of threads from long-gone forums, including video, when you are connected to the internet. When offline and not connected to the internet, you will still see and be able to read everything but the videos won't play.

So .webarchive files have worked very well for me to have unlimited access to old forums.

Hope this is helpful!
8 years 5 months ago #196643 by Amy Randle
Thank you Deborah,

Very helpful indeed!!
8 years 4 months ago #196651 by Sherry J Hanen
Replied by Sherry J Hanen on topic Saving Gold Threads
Natasha - OK I am totally frustrated...I have tried a few times now to save my gold threads and each time I go to look at what I have saved and find what appears to be all of the computer instructions to set everything on the page. I don't have any of the dialogue between me and the instructor nor an of the videos.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong - I have saved these for past sessions - just doesn't seem to be working now.

I wrote earlier and sent what I thought would be a screen shot of what I was getting - but even that did not work.
This is making me nuts...

Tanks!
Sherry
8 years 4 months ago #196652 by Natasha Gelfand
Replied by Natasha Gelfand on topic Saving Gold Threads
Hi Sherry,

I am not entirely sure what you are doing, but there's a lovely video on saving threads using evernote that can help. A know a number of people use this method, and it's very convenient for them:
8 years 3 months ago #215433 by Casey M Oesterlein
Replied by Casey M Oesterlein on topic Saving Gold Threads
Thx Christine. I LOVE Evernote.

Looks like you still save them one page at a time, but it appears that the links to YouTube still work! That is great!
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215518 by Robin Abernethy
Replied by Robin Abernethy on topic Saving Gold Threads

Casey Oesterlein wrote: Thx Christine. I LOVE Evernote.

Looks like you still save them one page at a time, but it appears that the links to YouTube still work! That is great!

I've been able to save all pages on a thread in one web clip on Evernote. I alway resisted using Evernote until I started taking Fenzi classes and now I love it!
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215564 by Deborah Grodecka
Robin, what version of Evernote are you using that you can save all pages of an entire thread all at once? I am a new Evernote user and the latest version doesn't appear to let you do that any more, although I have it from a friend that it used to do what the video Natasha linked shows. Seems they have removed that feature in their updated version.

Any clues you can share would be helpful, as I can only save one page at a time in Evernote currently. Thanks!
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215565 by Robin Abernethy
Replied by Robin Abernethy on topic Saving Gold Threads
Deborah - I'm a new user to Evernote as well, and just upgraded to Premium this week (but was Basic before and had no issues at Basic either), so I have the most recent version.

I just did a test saving a Gold member thread from one of my classes and it saved all pages - I choose to clip it as an article, and I wait for the number to show me all the additional pages before I save it.
8 years 2 months ago #215801 by Deborah Grodecka
Thank you for this, Robin! I'm going to go back to the Evernote website and reload my version and see if I can make it work for me. Again, thanks for the information. :)
8 years 2 months ago #215839 by Kris Beck
Replied by Kris Beck on topic Saving Gold Threads
I have the same problem. It doesn't want to save all pages correctly. If it does show multiple page the other pages show the same information as on the first page. I tried uninstall and reinstalling and get the same thing. I have contacted them, but have heard nothing yet.

I guess at this point the only option I have is to save each page individually.
8 years 2 months ago #215865 by Deborah Grodecka
HI, Kris, what you are describing is exactly what I've experienced. Evernote/save article saves multiple pages but all have the same information like it is just duplicating the first page over and over. I'm sorry to hear that reinstalling the app hasn't helped... that's disappointing.

In the meantime, I've found that saving the individual pages of forum threads as PDF docs (I'm using Safari on a Mac) works well from the standpoint of sharing them (via Dropbox) across my multiple devices. More labor intensive than if Evernote worked as it is supposed to, but it's the best substitute for Evernote I've found at this point.

Thanks again for sharing your experience! This tells me there is something buggy with the app itself, not just my installation.
8 years 2 months ago #215866 by Deborah Grodecka

If you select the "simplified article" option, it will work properly. :) I ran into the same issue (saved page 1 12 times) when I tried to select the "article" way of saving, but the "simplified article" worked properly.

I just found the above suggestion re: saving articles in Evernote on another thread in the tech forum, in case someone else may find it useful. If this method works for you, please post and let us know!

Thanks