Using the "Quote" feature

6 years 11 months ago #371143 by Sheryl A Evans
Using the "Quote" feature was created by Sheryl A Evans
Teri, I have never been able to figure out how to easily use the "quote" feature.
I looked in the help section, first, to see if there were instructions. I didn't see any.
Is there a step by step guide somewhere I can follow?
Or could you give me the steps? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #371245 by Teri Martin
Replied by Teri Martin on topic Using the "Quote" feature

Sheryl Evans wrote: Teri, I have never been able to figure out how to easily use the "quote" feature.
I looked in the help section, first, to see if there were instructions. I didn't see any.
Is there a step by step guide somewhere I can follow?
Or could you give me the steps? Thanks!

Ok, so you get the above simply by pressing the quote button instead of the reply button. It will quote the entire post. If you wish to only quote part of the post then you have two options. One is to quote the entire post as above and delete the parts you don't want. The other is to just to hit reply as if you were going to make a new post. Then below this box go to the piece you wish to quote and highlight it. Right click and copy/paste to the reply box. Once it is in the box highlight it and then go and click the quote icon (line above the reply box, next to the right justify icon > 16th icon from the left side) and that will highlight the selected material as a quote.

Make sense?

6 years 11 months ago #371433 by Sheryl A Evans
Replied by Sheryl A Evans on topic Using the "Quote" feature
Teri wrote:

Make sense?

YAY!!! I think I have it!! Thanks Teri!!

6 years 9 months ago #383188 by Julie Ritenour
Replied by Julie Ritenour on topic Using the "Quote" feature

YAY!!! I think I have it!! Thanks Teri!

I have it too! so glad I found this thread.